Posted October 19, 2023
Freshwater Future is a catalyst for community action that strengthens policies designed to safeguard the waters of the Great Lakes region. We help create and strengthen community action on water by providing grants and professional development services to over 2,000 community groups working on local issues impacting their water. Through this engagement with groups, we learn of and track emerging issues that impact many communities in the region, and are able to synthesize those concerns into strategic policy solutions. We elevate the voices of many communities to the state, provincial and federal level where policy change happens. We champion the causes of communities and have taken leadership roles in coordinating on issues such as stopping Asian carp from entering the Great Lakes, securing over $2 billion for Great Lakes restoration activities, and passing the Great Lakes Compact to prevent diversions of Great Lakes water.
The Database Associate is responsible for maintaining CRM databases and providing data collection and data entry support services using various platforms to support the communications, advocacy, grant-making, and fundraising work of the organization.
- Maintain the accuracy, integrity, and security of computerized records systems.
- Collect and enter data from various sources including paper documents, online platforms, organizational website, and social media.
- Oversee and perform the extraction and compilation of data required for reports and disseminate data as needed for communications, advocacy and fundraising work of the organization and collaborating partners.
- Recommend and organize appropriate codes for the classification of data for assigned projects.
- Design database forms.
- Propose recommendations for procedure modifications and development in the area of data management, quality control, and assurance.
- Provide data maintenance assistance and training to staff, community-leaders and organizations working on water issues throughout the Great Lakes region.
- Participate in and assist with Freshwater Future staff meetings and events.
- Attend board meetings as appropriate.
- Assist with organizational planning and fundraising when appropriate.
Job location is negotiable within the Great Lakes region.
Qualifications: The Database Associate is an entry level position, and will have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or similar experience, preferably with computer data analytics and/or database management focus. Familiarity with EveryAction and Salesforce preferable. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills; Google apps, Microsoft apps, spreadsheets, and ability to work independently.
Position reports to the Executive Director. Job search will remain open until filled.
Freshwater Future is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: Salary Range: $34,000-$40,000, depending on experience. Generous benefits including health, dental, vision, retirement, disability insurance, paid time off.