Freshwater Future Grant Programs
Freshwater Future’s programs provide financial support to activities that actively promote aquatic habitat protection through grassroots advocacy efforts by community groups working locally to protect shorelines, inland lakes, rivers, and wetlands in the Great Lakes Basin.
Explore our current grant programs to learn which funding opportunity best supports your work:
- Special Opportunity Grant Program
- Great Lakes Network Project Grant Program
- Grant-Subsidized Coaching and Consulting
- Project Grant Program *This grant program is on hold for 2019 – please apply for a 2019 Special Opportunity grant instead! The application is much shorter and online, and better yet, there are no grant periods!
Already have a grant from Freshwater Future? Find the right reporting form.
Before you apply…
Your organization is eligible for a grant if:
- You are a Current Member Organization of Freshwater Future
- Member Organizations are eligible to submit one application in each grant cycle, and are eligible to receive one grant from each grant program per calendar year.
- You have no outstanding grant reports with Freshwater Future
- Your project is a grassroots initiative
- You are a US nonprofit that is a 501 (c)(3), a Canadian charity, or can provide a fiscal sponsor that is either a US nonprofit 501 (c)(3) or is a Canadian Charity
- Your project impacts the Great Lakes watershed
You can also use this form to help determine your organization’s eligibility.
Still not sure if you qualify? Give us a call: 231-348-8200
Ready to apply?
Fill out this simple online form to submit your application.