Walk, Paddle, and Roll
Are you looking for an easy and fun fundraiser to support your organization’s work? Freshwater Future’s Walk, Paddle and Roll is the solution. What is the Walk, Paddle and Roll? The Walk, Paddle and Roll is….
- An excellent online fundraising tool
- Not an actual event – in fact it is better if you don’t do an event. All it takes is for each individual to do some activity, such as walk, kayak, canoe, bike, fish, surf. Some participants have not done an activity and still raised significant funds.
- Not time intensive. Team members need to commit time to do the following: set up a page on a website (15-30 minutes), send emails to friends and family, and their activity
- An easy way to raise some quick money, at least 50% of all the net proceeds go directly to your organization.
- A good way to start expanding your donors: you will receive a list of all your donors, addresses, gift amounts and emails
- Most effective with a leadership team of 3-4 engaged board members willing to participate. (Groups with an active Leadership Team raised thousands of dollars last year)
- Best accomplished in a short time frame, 2-4 weeks. The most successful groups last year sent out their emails, did their activity and wrapped it up quickly.
There is still time to get a team organized to help raise funds for your cause and to help Freshwater Future’s efforts to support community groups working to help people protect the Great Lakes. Participants in last year’s event raised an average of $900 per team! Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to raise funds for your group and help other groups that are working hard to protect the Great Lakes. Half the net proceeds go to the group conducting the event and the other half helps Freshwater Future provide assistance to local groups across the Basin. In addition, the top three fundraising groups will receive up to 75% of funds raised in their event.
Check out our online giving site www.firstgiving.com/freshwaterfuture, visit our website www.fresh waterfuture.org , or give us a call at 231-348-8200.