Growing Greener Makes Big Difference
The award-winning Growing Greener Program has provided resources to promote and support the formation of community-based watershed restoration efforts including:
- The restoration of 4,200 acres of wetlands
- The creation of more than 100 new watershed groups
- The development of dozens of education and outreach projects
- The buffering of 188 miles of streams
- The reclamation of 2,000 acres of abandoned mines
In addition, there are 153 watershed assessments in progress now that may lead to the development of new projects.